Related Record Count Syntax Please

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Dec 18 23:27:27 CST 2004

On 12/18/04 11:18 PM, "Peter De Berdt" <peter.de.berdt at pandora.be> wrote:

>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Is there any way to do this WITHOUT going to an SQL search?
>>
>> There IS the call for RecordCount in the reference manual. Is there a
>> way to use BaseObject pointers and achieve this?
>>
> A RecordCount is ALWAYS a property of a cursor. In fact, when you ask
> for the RecordCount of a BaseObject, it's as if you would do a "SELECT
> * FROM Table". Why do you want to avoid querying the database?

To warm interest to 2.0 more.

In Valentina 2.0 we open to V4RB and V4MD developers
a new unique API to be able do all work with no SQL.

In other words

    now C++, V4RB and V4MD developers, using v2.0
    can do ANY database task without SQL at all.

Of course if you not use SQL then you do not get access to its feature as
Join, GROUP BY. But C++ developers will be able do even join without SQL :-)
May be future we will open this API to V4RB and V4MD also.

We do this not because we do not like SQL.
Of course no. Just Valentina now give you 2 complete ways to resolve tasks.
Choose any you like...or even mix them.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com