Reserved words for field names?

Arthur Clemens arthur at visiblearea.com
Wed Dec 15 19:34:50 CST 2004

After some hair pulling this afternoon I found out from trial and error
that I cannot use the word "from" in a field name.
I had modified a table with the new field "derived_from". I could
successfully add the field, but I could not query the table for that
field. It was there, listed in Valentina Carbon and in ViSQL Carbon,
but I got a 602 error when using SELECT on that field.

When I changed the field name to "derived" everything worked as should.

Is this normal, or is this a bug?

Arthur Clemens