Sequences?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 14 13:37:09 CST 2004

On 12/14/04 11:04 AM, "Carsten Friehe" <rblists at carsten-friehe.de> wrote:

> Hi Ruslan!
>
> Is there a possibilty to get something like sequences in valentina? I
> want that every row in a table gets a identifier which is unique and
> will never change. In Oracle there are sequences where you call a
> select and get the next unique number. You can tell a sequence where to
> start, where to end (or maybe to loop) and which format it should have.

Hi Carsten,

Actually you can very easy emulate sequences self.

You need make helper table to keep the NEXT ID for some table.
Just 2 fields in this helper table
    TableID     NextID

And AFAIK in Oracle sequences also use helper table.

So you can easy write in your app

    NextIdOf( TableID ) as Integer

And use it in your app.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com