Hierachical structures in valentina?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 14 13:35:10 CST 2004

On 12/14/04 10:58 AM, "Carsten Friehe" <rblists at carsten-friehe.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> After a long time where I don't had time to do anything in RB (marriage
> etc. :-)) I have a question reagarding storage of hierachical data in
> valentina. Maybe someone here has an idea.
>
> I am using valentina for a mail- and newsreader. Now I want to store
> also the threadinfo to display it to the user in a tree structure in a
> list like the one found eg. in Outlook Express. So normally the user
> sees the first news/mail of a thread and (s)he can press a triangle to
> see the comments on this news/mail etc.
>
> Now my problem is to mark the news/mails to get them sorted in the
> correct way.
>
> Does anyone else ever used to create such a hierachical structure in
> valentina (or maybe another Database)? Or does anyone have an idea how
> to handle this?

Hi Carsten,

FIRST OF ALL, I very very recommend you subscribe to Valentina beta list,
Download V4RB 2.0 beta.

Because 2.0 have a lots of new features regarding to what you ask.
It have a lots of new functions and new classes to support links and
searches on links.

TIP:
Any hierarchical structure should be stored with the help of
Self - recursive link.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com