vServer under XP SP2 very slow

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Mon Dec 13 13:42:58 CST 2004

Hi everybody.

I have a V4MD client/server application running and usually the connect
between clients and the server database is very fast.
But since my customers installed SP2 on their servers, the connect() and
openDatabase() (it might as well be the init()) take very long, about 20 to
30s each...

I have freed the port in the windows firewall (on both client and server)
and as soon as it has connected, it is as fast and as reliable as before.

I wonder if someone else has had this results and whether it has been tested
on SP2 already?

Best regards, Florian