[AS] Close database not working for me

Klamp, Kurt Kurt.Klamp at abdnb.bayern.de
Mon Dec 13 08:08:27 CST 2004

Hi Michael,

trick is to store the database reference in a property variable

prop thedb:""
set thedb to (make new database....|open database ....)

and then use the variable to close the db

close thedb

works like a charm.

Best
Kurt

VAPP example works to create and close database.

However when I try to create then close database with full pathname,
only the create portion works. The close is probably failing because of
the \ marks that are coming from somewhere. The problem appears to be
strictly an AppleScript issue, since I get the problem when trying to
close files with other applications. I will continue to look for an
answer.

Michael