LoadDump and Windows

Leo Van den Brande leo_van_den_brande at wxs.nl
Sat Dec 11 01:38:15 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

< Right, you should load into
< dim db as Vdatabse

Since I have a problem with this, perhaps I should clarify better what
I did.
You may remember that I had a problem with accented characters. You
advised me to move to German from the ASCII that I was using.
So, I made a new version of my program in which all language
definitions are German.
Now I use the old version (ASCII-based) of the program to load an
ASCII-based database and make a xml dump of it..
Next I load the xml file in the new version (German-based), replace
all language occurrences in the file from ASCII to German, save it and
do a LoadDump.

On the Mac I do not succeed to  perform this LoadDump with
Dim db As Vdatabase.

Only if I do:
Dim db As Valdb //which is my own subclass of Vdatabase, and is
German-based since this is in the new version of my program, next:
db = New Valdb
and next give the full path, the LoadDump works.
The resulting db is OK when opened later as Valdb.

However this does not work under Windows.

< If you try LoadDump on file as is. Without editing.
< Does it work ?

Yes on the Mac, under Windows, it never works, editing or not.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Leo

--