LoadDump and Windows

Leo Van den Brande leo_van_den_brande at wxs.nl
Fri Dec 10 19:37:41 CST 2004

Hi all,

I can get Dump XML and LoadDump  (Val 1.1, under Mac OS 10.2  with RB
5.2.4). to work well on the Mac, provided I do not use Vdatabase as
class but my owm ValDB subclass. I probably misunderstand the
Reference manual., but anyhow, it works.

However, when my code is compiled on the Mac for Win 32 , a dumped xml
file loads well - I can read the current language, edit and reload the
file and verify that edititing went well -  but on LoadDump no
database is created. I get no error message.

The code is as follows:

   (App.mValdb3 = new VDatabase)  // Does not work with Mac OS nor
with Windows.
    App.mValdb3 = new ValDB 	// ValDB is my subclass of Vdatabase.
This works well with MacOS. Not with Windows

    f=GetFolderItem(App.FileSourceNewAbsPath)	//This is the path to
the edited xml file
    If f = Nil then
      MsgBox "Getting the .xml file failed."
      return
    End If

	// Give a slightly modified name
    DBName = "Vdb Ed " + Mid(App.FileName,4)
    DBName = Left(DBName,Len(DBName) - 4) + ".vdb"
    PathDB = App.MyPath + DBName
    f1 = GetFolderItem(PathDB)
    App.mValdb3.LoadDump(f,f1,2)

What am I doing wrong?

In the discussion list, Ruslan mentioned that there are problems on
Windows, and a question  to Erne if he had a solution.

Who can help out here? It will be very much appreciated!

Leo