Many to many relation. How?

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Dec 8 15:14:49 CST 2004

>I think the serial number feature is an often needed one and it
>would be much easier, if Ruslan could add it as a new valentina
>feature :-)
>Thanks,
>Ralf

But recId is a serial number so to speak. It is automatically
assigned to each record and certain to be unique. The only thing is
that newer records may get lower number of some records were deleted
earlier. But for unique identification, recId works just fine. Any
other definition of serial number is up to Valentina programmer. What
you consider a serial number, I may not. In a program like FileMaker,
an explicit serial number feature is needed because as a programmer
you have no access to internal numbering.

Robert