database structure & speed

Ralf Sander ralf at end-if.de
Thu Dec 2 01:29:32 CST 2004

Hi,

I want to keep my database customizable through the user, and wonder
which is the best way to build it.
Some fields are predefined but the user can add additional ones.

Using methods to create all fields and access fields through field
names is slower than using objects. But if I use a cursor for adding
records or changing field values, I have to use field names (or index)
instead of objects, too. Will I run into the same speed issues here?

Or is it best to create objects for my fixed fields and access the
userfields through methods?

Thanks,
Ralf