V4MD Encryption ... next chapter

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Wed Dec 1 17:19:02 CST 2004

Hi Igor!

I have started working on the encryption of the database again and I found
out that no matter what encryption key I use for opening, the database is
always opened.

Say I encrypted it with "mykey" then you are able to open it with "notmykey"
Bug?

See code:

    SetStructureEncryption (VAL[#ID],"sotchi")
    if ValentinaError()<>0 then
      VALerror=ValentinaErrorString()
      alert "Entschlüsselung fehlgeschlagen"&&VALerror.string
      return -1
    end if
    SetEncryption (VAL[#ID],"notmycode")
    if ValentinaError()<>0 then
      VALerror=ValentinaErrorString()
      alert "Entschlüsselung fehlgeschlagen"&&VALerror.string
      return -1
    end if

Message window:

* V4MD *: InitValentina...done
* V4MD *: ValentinaSetDebugMode...done
* V4MD *: new VServer...done
* V4MD *: OpenSession...done
* V4MD *: GetDatabaseCount...done
* V4MD *: CloseSession...done
* V4MD *: VServer_Destroy...done
* V4MD *: Create_VDataBase...* V4MD *: DB_New...done
* V4MD *: DB_SetStructureEncryption...done
* V4MD *: ValentinaError...done
* V4MD *: DB_SetEncryption...done
* V4MD *: ValentinaError...done
* V4MD *: OpenDatabase...done

I understood that you MUST set the correct encryption key to open an
encrypted database?

Best regards, Florian