How to create ListBox/Datagrid in Director? Crossplatform?

Zav - Alex Zavatone zavpublic at mac.com
Sat Aug 28 08:13:23 CDT 2004

On Aug 27, 2004, at 11:01 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 8/28/04 5:38 AM, "Gunnar Swan" <gunnarswan at PracticeToPass.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Well actually, Alex Zavatone has great stuff, and really took LDM's
>> quite ...
>> quite far.
>> If you did it his way, they were reliable.
>>
>> We ALMOST deployed them into production.  We spent THOUSANDS in labor
>> working
>> the List-Dropdown-Grid issue with Director.
>>
>> I REALLY   ....    R  E  A  L   L  Y ....
>>
>> wish that Director supported LDM's better.
>>
>> Because of simple things like DropDown - List - Grid ... we're
>> SERIOUSLY
>> thinking of using an other tool as outside wrapper that will encase
>> simpler
>> Director movies.
>> The business model and customer desires are driving us out of
>> Director.
>> Too sad, too bad.
>
> I do not understand why nobody have develop such Xtra?!

We talked about it in the dir 5 days or early dir 6 days.  I think back
at MM, Shepherd and Norm M, were looking in to it but it would cut into
the development of other features (or someother reason) and it dropped
out.

If we could get TRUE encapsulatable movies then many of us could do it.

FYI, Alex's stuff is just lovely to look at.

- Zav
Changing my sig daily under penalty of law.