VXCMD client and Database_Dump

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 12:50:49 CDT 2004

You can leave it in that folder, but you'd have to
change the externals property of the stack to point to
the bundle in that location.  I find it's easier just
to place the bundle in the root of the Revolution
folder, then I can just set the externals of my stacks
to "VXCMD_Macho_MC" and the Revolution engine will
find it automatically.  Plus there's the advantage
that when I build my application, I just need to make
sure the VXCMD bundle is right next to my application.
 I don't have to worry about the path to the bundle
changing.  Plus, I'm not sure that the version of the
bundle that ships with Revolution is the latest.

Does that make sense?  :-)

--- Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>
wrote:

> On 8/27/04 8:19 PM, "Chris Sheffield"
> <cm_sheffield at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, download the OS X version.  That's the one
> that's
> > not working with the LoadDump.  Just make sure you
> > place the VXCMD_Macho_MC bundle inside the
> Revolution
> > program folder.  YOu should be good to go after
> that.
>
> Hmm,
>
> But Rev MacOS 2.2.1 self include VXCMD_Macho_MC,
> Rigth?
>
> I see it in the path
>
>    Rev/components/global environment/database
> drivers/MacOS X
>

> Isn't this enough ?
>
> You say that I must move VXCMD from that location up
> into Rev app folder?
>

> > If you want to try the OS 9 version, you need to
> use
> > the VXCMD_Classic, not Carbon.  And you'll have to
> add
> > the CODE resource to the resource fork of the
> stack
> > file.  But my testing was successful when running
> in
> > OS 9.
>
> Yes, I know that Carbon version is dropped by
> Revolution.
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Ruslan Zasukhin      [ I feel the need...the need
> for speed ]

=====
Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally