[V4MD] & [Vserver] Using Valentina Server temporarily for collaboration

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Aug 27 01:54:40 CDT 2004

On 8/27/04 12:40 AM, "Daniel Crowder" <daniel at monumental-i.com> wrote:

> I am currently working on a very large catalog CD that has advanced
> editing tools built-in. There is going to be a huge amount of data
> entry required prior to release. Now, the way the relational data and
> error checking is structured there is no way multiple people can work
> on the data in tandem and then merge all the data together. This wasn't
> a problem until we got final word concerning the amount of data we need
> to manually input. We have a lot of data to enter - and it is huge!
>
> So here is my question: Could I temporarily use Valentina Server as the
> datasource so that mulitple people could enter data at the same time
> and then use the server data files to switch back to using V4MD
> locally? I would basically just be using the server temporarily until
> all the data was in - and then go back to using the local editor when
> the time crunch was over.
>
> Is Valentina server stable enough that this would be an option? Would
> it require a lot of change in the director code other than how I
> initially accessed the db internally?

Hi Daniel,

1) it must be very easy update your code to use with Vserver.
    mainly just how you open db.

You need download V4MD_client beta and check its examples.

Also working with Vserver it is important that you specify correct lock
parameters when you create cursors.

2) yes Vserver is stable and you can use it.
    of course always is good idea todo backups.

3) Vserver demo which you can download from our site is able work in 7*24
mode the whole month. Each 1 of next month you need download from our site
license file.

So yes, in general answer if YES, you can do this.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com