VXCMD client and Database_Dump

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 12:26:46 CDT 2004

Yes, my paths are correct, and it's still not working.
 Are there any restrictions on paths and/or filenames?
 Such as lengths, special characters, etc.?  Right now
I'm testing on Mac OS X.  The path to my xml file is
not unusually long.  The file name of my xml file does
contain a hyphen "-" and an underscore "_".  Other
than that, all other characters are alphanumeric, and
the file name itself is only 19 characters.

I don't know if that helps at all or not.  Can you
think of anything else I can try?  I did try loading
the same xml file using the VApp, and that worked
fine, so I'm guessing it's something in my code; I'm
just not sure what.

My code simply looks like this:

get Valentina("Database_LoadDump", pParam1, pParam2,
pParam3)

As I indicated, I've checked my variables:  pParam1
contains the path to my xml file, pParam2 contains the
path to the new database file, and pParam3 contains 2,
which is for the xml dump type.

I don't have to do anything special beforehand, do I?
The docs indicate that it's like the Create function,
in that upon success it returns a database connection
ID to the new database.  Is that correct?  I don't see
what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again,

--- Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>
wrote:

> On 8/24/04 12:50 AM, "Chris Sheffield"
> <cm_sheffield at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Okay, I can live with that.  Would be nice if that
> > were documented, though.  I lost a couple hours
> this
> > morning trying to figure out what was going on.
> >
> > I've got another question regarding
> Database_LoadDump.
> > I can't get it to work.  Again, I've checked
> > everything, and all my paths are correct.  I'm
> using a
> > local database, but I keep getting "error 19".
> Any
> > ideas what that is?
>
> Chris,
>
> You cannot make it work in LOCAL version also?!
>
> Hmm.
>
> Do you update paths to NATIVE format of OS ?
>
> MC/Rev can work with any path delimiters.
> VXCMD expect only native
>
>     WIN         /
>
>     MAC OS      :
>
>     POSIX       \
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Ruslan Zasukhin      [ I feel the need...the need
> for speed ]

=====
Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally