[V4MD] Max aggregate function in director

Daniel Crowder daniel at monumental-i.com
Tue Aug 24 13:20:18 CDT 2004

I hope I am doing something obvioulsy wrong.

I am trying to pull the record with the highest record id:

 set query = "*select catalogid, max(RecID) from product*"
 set dbCursor = new( xtra "VCursor", GetRef(p_db.db),query)
 change = GetRecordsAsPropList(dbCursor)
 dbCursor=VOID

The change variable (which is the prop-list with the returned records)
returns as an empty list. I'm pulling my hair out! I tried to test this
interactively but visql crashes with whenever MAX is invoked.

Any suggestions appreciated!

- Daniel