V4MD Encryption problems vServer

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Tue Aug 24 13:39:33 CDT 2004

Hi!

I am about to make my first steps with database encryption. I have a
existing database and tried to encrypt it:

       ChangeEncryption (VAL[#ID], "", x)
        if ValentinaError()<>0 then
          VALerror=ValentinaErrorString()
          alert "Verschlüsselung fehlgeschlagen"&&VALerror.string
          exit
        else
          alert "Verschlüsselung erfolgreich!"
        end if

I get no errors, all variables are OK, I use a 20 digit encryption key. But
when I open the .dat file in a text editor, I can clearly read all data...

So why did the encryption not happen and why did'nt I get an error?

Best regards, Florian