Database Size?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Aug 20 19:31:27 CDT 2004

Ruslan wrote:

> I do not recommend size less of 4KB.
> 4KB -- this is minimal page which MacOS or Windows OS move.

So far I've only sketched out a prototype.  Answers were:

> What size of your db after import of data?

First time I tried: 3MB.

Second attempt: 11MB.

Same data, give or take, but different method of creation - and I think the
real difference was in segment size.

> What the maximal size of db ?

If we take 3MB as the 'true' size of the current protype, I'd guess no more
than 20MB.  And it will probably take three years to get that big.

> How many tables/fields you will have?

Again just based on the current sketched prototype, 14 tables; largest one
approx 3000 rows.  I'd expect over several years this to grow to something
like 20,000 rows.

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866