Database Size?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Aug 20 18:38:11 CDT 2004

As a complete Valentina newbie....

The project I'm considering Valentina for will involve creating a Valentina
DB one machine, probably on a weekly cycle, and publishing it out to a
population of machines which will access the database using a Director
project.  Almost certainly, the database one published will be read-only on
all the machines running the Director project.

In this case, it sounds like if I don't care how long it takes to create the
database (and I don't) I might as well set the segment size very small,
since a larger size will increase the size of the database, but would
provide no benefits if the database is never modified.

Is that correct?

TIA,

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866