Database Size?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Aug 20 18:02:27 CDT 2004

On 8/20/04 5:54 PM, "Bill Numerick" <bnumerick at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bill,

> I was just browsing the Valentina web site and notice in the v-12 vs
> Valentina section that the Valentina databases are smaller than the
> V-12,

> however when I moved from V-12 to Valentina my database size
> went up from about a 1 meg to 18 megs.  What might I have done to do
> this?  It seems to run out but i'd like to get the size down if
> possible.

This is FAQ.

You can find it in FAQ section.

Again in short:

* you can control size of empty of almost empty Valentina db
    using db.SegmentSize.

* in your case I think you have many fields, so initial size of Valentina is
18MB.  And you add only about 1MB of data. I.e. You have a lots of empty
space.

So change SegmentSize to 2-4KB.

IF you have other case:
    initial db size was e.g. 0.5Mb, but it go to 18Mb,
    then probably you have wrong settings for BLOB/Text fields

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com