Off topic ... Shockwave and Valentina

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Aug 16 19:25:11 CDT 2004

On 8/16/04 5:22 PM, "Zav - Alex Zavatone" <zavpublic at mac.com> wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2004, at 4:19 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>
>> On 8/16/04 2:17 PM, "Chuck Neal" <chuck at mediamacros.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That is incorrect.  For the Xtra to download correctly you do need a
>>> SW
>>> certificate. This prevents unsigned Xtras from installing malicious
>>> code on
>>> a user's machine.
>>
>> Hi Chuck,
>>
>> You sure on this?
>
> He's correct.

Ok, may be.

Btw, good news is that Igor just only have told me that he
Was able run the first V4MD SW safe movie in the Explorer browser!

And he have do that without certificate.
Probably this works because it have do it locally.

Although I still think that even on local intranet this can work without
certificate. Just my ISP friend/programmer Yuri says that if look on
internal mechanism, then certificate is just a signature, where Verisign
Says to user:

    you can trust to that guys.
    And download their soft to your computer.

Nothing more is hidden in the certificate.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com