Database in MacOS and Windows

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Mon Aug 16 12:42:26 CDT 2004

Hi,

sorry that I am the speaker of an other valentina-user, but he is not
able to understand english.
He uses following code

reading from cursor:
     #if TargetMacOS then
       EfOrt.text =
defineencoding(wCursor.Field("Ort").getstring,encodings.MacRoman)
     #endif
     #if TargetWin32 then
       EfOrt.text =
defineencoding(wCursor.Field("Ort").getstring,encodings.SystemDefault)
     #endif

writing to cursor:
     #if TargetMacOS then

wCursor.Field("Ort").setstring(convertencoding(EFOrt.Text,encodings.macr
oman))
     #endif
     #if TargetWin32 then

wCursor.Field("Ort").setstring(convertencoding(EFOrt.Text,encodings.Syst
emDefault))
     #endif

but on windows he doesn't get the correct german 'Umlaute'. Whats the
possible fault?
he also generated a new database on windows and filled this database
with data and read from database and get also wrong characters.

thanks for help

Claudius

--
G4/733 QS / MacOS X 10.3.5de / RB 5.2.4de or 5.5.3/ Valentina 1.10.0
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de