Changing character sets in text fields

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Aug 13 17:38:20 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan,

> Again, in Valentina 2.0 we will have much more ways to control this.
> BTW, now I got idea:
> We will make 3 parameters for this
>
>   db.StorageEncoding
>   db.InputEncoding
>   db.OutputEncoding
>
> Will be supported 170 encodings of the world.

Will this allow an option which effectively means "I'm putting a stream of
octets in, I'd like to get the same octets out, regardless of the platform I
stored on or the platform I retrieved on"?

> * Valentina always keep db in platforms native format.
>   if you move db to other platform, then Valentina on the fly convert
> strings and numbers.

So if a database is going to be used primarily on one platform, it is most
efficient if it is also built on that platform?

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866