Problems with V4RB have me beat.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Aug 10 08:52:21 CDT 2004

On 8/10/04 7:06 AM, "Barney" <barney at custombased.com> wrote:

Hi Barney,

>>> I'm sure there is nothing more I can do here from my end I've already
>>> chased this one for almost two days work, there is something very strange
>>> going on.
>>
>> As fast idea:
>>
>>   have you specify flag ReadWrite in cursor?
>
> Yes, my SQL Select  calls throughout the project everywhere now
> says...
>
> Cur = App.DB.SQLSelect("Select * from table1",1,1,2)
>
> This means read and write now I think ? Correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> This is working fine in dozens of other situations throughout the project
> elsewhere though.

    1, 1, 2.

PLEASE use constants in your code

So you have

    kV_Client, kNoLock, kRandom

So am I right that DO NOT use locks?

Barney, only problem I see that you use kClient.

Client-side cursor is claimed to be always READ ONLY,
Even if you ask READ WRITE.

Try replace it on kV_Server (2)

Only server-side cursor should be used if you going to MODIFY its records.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com