I was just talking to the boys upstairs and He says...

Holly Bogossian holly at roundboxmedia.com
Mon Aug 9 16:44:32 CDT 2004

This can still be done in v2, its even easier.  When you select
Create Database, a pop up window appears, asking you to choose a
mode. If you want everything in one .VDB file then select 1.
Structure, data, blobs and indexes will be combined.
--holly

>>You can. Just specify the Mode = 1 when creating the database. This
>>is an optional parameter so if nothing is specified, it defaults to
>>4 which creates the 4 separate files. I don't know which Valentina
>>you are using but here is an example in Director:
>>    CreateDatabase(gMyDataBase, the moviePath & "databaseName.vdb", 1)
>>I would think there would be a similar way in any other Valentina
>>application.
>>--holly
>>
>>>Why can't  we just have a single database without all the hassle
>>>of those cumbersome extra files version 2.0. they seem totally
>>>unnecessary.  I just want a database that works and is solid.
>>>One file one database.
>>>

>I think the original email was meant for the betas list, not this
>one. Valentina 2.0 apps require a lot of support files...
>
>Jon

---------
The cure for anything is salt water -- sweat, tears, or the sea.
       --isak dinesen