Embedded nervous breakdown

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Aug 5 13:49:04 CDT 2004

On 8/5/04 1:36 PM, "Fred.Stephenson"
<Fred.Stephenson at communication-unltd.com> wrote:

>> 3) to work with Server class, you should specify ADMIN's login
>>
>> 4) you can look directly into masterdb (using VAPP or ) to see what logins
>> you have in master db.
>
> I have  looked with Vapp. and it is sa sa. Sow here do I place the serial.

> This is embedded serial number that you must send from client to
> server on Connect
> in the parameter option:  BUT Where ???
>
> If I try, as Igor indicated, after the password then I get "too many" params.

Okay, so problem is

* you can connect with NO embedded serial and cannot with it.

* yes, you must specify embedded serial as one more parameter.
    embedded serial IS NOT the same to login/password.

You use V4RB ?

I check docs.

VServer(
    inHost as string,
    inUserName as String,
    inUserPassword as String,
    inPort as Integer,
    inTimeout as integer,
    inOptions as string)

You must send your embedded serial string into parameter inOptions.

IMPORTANT: if you send embedded serial, then you must run Vserver with
license_emb file.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com