Problems with vServer Xtra 4MD

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Fri Apr 30 15:14:59 CDT 2004

> Don't understand: how does this follows from the code lines above?
> You created two different objects each of which uses
> different connection.
> So they should not interfere each other.

I don't know Igor. Fact is there is an unidentifyable script error coming
up. And it is only showing when I run my DB creation scripts. All other
scripts are running OK. Someone on another list told me he once had similar
errors and after investigating in turned out to be a valentina object had
not been closed properly. Also I have sorted out all other possibilities. It
has to be some kind of xtra callback producing a script error.

Believe me: i spend 3 days trying out because it all seemed so odd to me.

Why has it to to with some timeout? Because I can shift the time when the
error will appear by changing the vServer Xtra timeout. Because if I place
several alerts at different points of the script the error will most likely
come with the first alert. So it is definitely not the code executed that
causes the error but some callback.

I don't know how that is possible. I have never programmed Valentina or
Xtras at all.

Best regards, Florian