Problems with vServer Xtra 4MD

Igor Gomon giv at tlc.kherson.ua
Fri Apr 30 15:19:30 CDT 2004

> > Aha, I see problem!
> >

> > Igor, if Florian execute many many commands from Vserver Xtra,
> > And he execute them very fast, then how we can get timeout ?!
> >
> > Timeout means that 500 seconds was silent and no comands.
> >
> > So it looks that Vserver Xrta and probably Vserver class DO NOT update
> >     time of last command.
> OK, it's possible.
I've checked VServer code and it looks like it updates time of last executed
command correctly.

But we confused different timeouts.
Timeout specified on creation of database is only used on connect.
Do not confuse it with connection timeout, which is VServer
configuration property. Connection timeout is set in the ini-file
and it can be changed/retrieved though SetVariable()/GetVariable API.

Florian, please check your ini-file for VServer.

Igor Gomon
e-mail: giv at tlc.kherson.ua