Bug? on insert into previously deleted recid

Tim James tjames1 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 29 13:32:22 CDT 2004

I started to loaddump and it appears it will take 24 hours to complete

Would it be possible to

1.export all tables to files

2.delete all records from all tables

3.dump db via dumpxml

4.reload  dump.xml to create a clean new empty DB

5. import all tables back into the new DB

(I presume (hope) that import doesn't look at OBjptrs or changes recids)

Is this a safe way to proceed ??