feature request for 2.0

Dave Parizek dave at Parizek.com
Fri Apr 16 15:01:30 CDT 2004

A month or so ago you asked for feature requests or wishes for
ultimate Valentina 2.0.

I wanted to add another one on:

If I "select T1.recid, T2.recid, * from T1, T2" into a cursor, I
would like to be able to reference both the recid fields via
getstring  -- but by name instead of only by position.

Right now if I only did one RecID field request I could use getstring
and refer to it by name "RecID".  But if I do 2 recids from different
tables, there is ambiguity, and so I have to refer to them by index
position.

If their names could be expanded to include the table in dot
notation, then I could get them both this way:

ThisT1RecID = mCursor.Field("T1.RecID").GetString
ThisT2RecID = mCursor.Field("T2.RecID").GetString

and I am not required to know their positions to retrieve them.

Not a big deal, but if it doesn't cause a lot of trouble / problems /
delays then I request this feature.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Thanks,
Dave