Aaron Bratcher wrote

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Apr 16 17:52:44 CDT 2004

On 4/16/04 5:22 PM, "Fred.Stephenson"
<Fred.Stephenson at communication-unltd.com> wrote:

> this on the RB list:
>> Valentina is fast and stable. Version 2 should be coming out in the
>> next few months.
>
>>  This new version will use the REALbasic Database API
>> too.
>
> Is this true? Doesn't  the use of the API require users to have the
> pro version of rb.

1) as I have hear in RB 5.5 even standard RB.

2) even no, then we can
    a) have different versions of plugin
    b) plugin self define if such API is needed and register it.

>> It will not be backward compatible with older valentina database
>> files however.
>
> wow I must have blinked. I've almost got used to valentina speed but
> that one must have whizzed by me while I was looking elsewhere.

What you mean here?

Yes, Valentina 2.0 is so different from Valentina 1.x that there is no way
do automatic conversion of existed db files as we have had in Valentina 1.x
during all this years.

Do convert existed db we will use
A) XML dump
B) special utility that contains both engines.
    btw, most probably this can be Valentina Studio.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com