[V4MD] Opening older versions

Elias. e.wyber at murdoch.edu.au
Wed Apr 14 18:29:28 CDT 2004

On 14/04/2004, at 5:53 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> I have hit a minor hiccup - I want to migrate an old D8 V4MD driven
>> project made with 1.9 (or perhaps even 1.8) on OS9 to OSX - using MX04
>> and V4MD 1.10 - it doesn't seem to like it, so what do I do ?

> It is of course good to know what version it was.

It was created in 2001 :-) I think it was 1.9 - I will find out...

> Try open your old db simply by VAPP 1.10
> What happens?

It looks like it might be a meta-data problem...on Panther, a lot of
files in my archive are showing up as TextEdit files (incl. Xtras and
.vdb files)...I will take a look at it on OS9 and see if I can generate
a dump...tedious...

> You need convert just one db file,
> Or you need do this for each your client?

I am trying to extract the schema - I don't need the data, just the
internal logic...I am updating an engine from a few years ago and
cannot remember how I built the navigation DB (sad, I know - it was
documented, but the documentation is in one of many boxes, you know how
it goes)...

> Do you have your old Xtra ?
> Does it have XML dump function?
> If yes you can try XML dump

I will try that tonight - thanks...

Elias.

You only have the rights you defend in others.