cursors

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 14 09:09:40 CDT 2004

On 4/14/04 1:29 AM, "mdeh at earthlink.net" <mdeh at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Name:      Michael
>
> Problem with:    V4RB
> Type of problem: crash
>
> Ruslan,
> I am curious.  Lets say I have 2 windows, each with a cursor pointing to the
> same records of a single Table ie cursor.windowA=cursor.WindowB
>
> Is it legal to use window A's Cursor to do updates of a record, or does this
> violate the principle that there should be no ambiguity. ie does window B's
> cursor need to be nil first?

Hi Michael,

IF you use 1.10 version of Valentina then you can control this self by
RECORD LOCKS.

In theory, it is better avoid such situation,
Because changes of one window/user
    a) will be seen by second only after the second refresh cursor.
    b) second user can erase changes of the first if also modify
        the same record.

You can use NO LOCKS to allow changes in the same time.
If you know that cursor will read only data then this is 100% safe way.

IF you want to use record locks then both cursors cannot set WRITE lock on
the same record

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com