[V4RB] vServer cursor.export

Charles Yeomans yeomans at desuetude.com
Tue Apr 13 18:01:07 CDT 2004

On Apr 13, 2004, at 5:33 PM, Robert Nichols wrote:

> Ruslan,
>
> I know you have been unable to get cursor.textexport to produce a file
> on the client machine (V4RB). (I can't even get it to produce a file
> on the server, when giving a path as parameter).
>
> Would it be possible to get a cursor to export that same text into an
> RB string variable? Anything to reproduce that functionality we had
> prior to vServer would make a HUGE difference.

Of course it is trivial to take a VCursor and dump its contents
yourself to a tab-delimited file, or an Rb string.  In fact, it would
be easy to write a subroutine that extends the VCursor class to do
this.  For example --

Function Dump(Extends c as VCursor, f as FolderItem)
   dim t as TextOutputStream
   dim TAB as String
   dim theRecord as String
   dim i as Integer