Anyone know why this works fine on a PC but causes director to crash on the Macintosh side?

Kristafer Vale kristafer at comcast.net
Tue Apr 13 16:06:15 CDT 2004

Here's a function that utilizes Valentina in Director MX 2004 that on the PC
this works no problem but on the mac it crashes not only the script but
Director itself. Debbuging I've been able to narrow it down to right when
the RecCount is about to be set, but it crashes before I can see what is
going on. Anyone see anything with this function that would be harmful to
macintoshes?

on reOrderTheSlides
  global gMyLessonDB, gCurrentSlideShowID
  set query = "select SlideOrder from slides WHERE slideShowID like
'\A"&gCurrentSlideShowID&"\Z' order by SlideOrder"
set mySlidesCursor = new(xtra "VCursor", getRef(gMyLessonDB), query, 2,3,2)
  set RecCount = GetRecordCount(mySlidesCursor)
  set FieldCount = getFieldCount(mySlidesCursor)
  FirstRecord(mySlidesCursor)
  repeat with i = 1 to RecCount
   newSlideOrder = i
     if newSlideOrder <> 0 then
      if newSlideOrder <= 9 then
        newSlideOrder = "00"&string(integer(newSlideOrder))
      else if newSlideOrder <=99 then
        newSlideOrder = "0"&string(integer(newSlideOrder))
      else
        newSlideOrder = string(integer(newSlideOrder))
      end if
    else
      newSlideOrder = "001"
    end if
    put "Formatted NewSlideOrder is:"&&newSlideOrder
    UpdateRecord(mySlidesCursor, [#SlideOrder:newSlideOrder])
    nextRecord(mySlidesCursor)
  end repeat
  mySlidesCursor = []
end