How do you handle YOUR encodings?

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Thu Apr 8 13:32:21 CDT 2004

le 8/04/04 2:14, Aaron Bratcher <aaronbratcher at abdatatools.com> a écrit :

> Writing data to a database, how route do you use to determine the
> encodings?
>
> 1)  I don't. My programming environment doesn't support encoding.
> 2)  My programming environment handles it automatically.
> 3)  I always make sure all data has the same encoding before it goes
> into the DB
> 4)  Depending on the field, I may encode it in different ways.

I'm not sure if it's the 1 or 2 since I use V4RB with RB 3.5 and this RB
version seems to use the system default encoding (MacRoman on MacOS platform
and WindowsLatin1 (?) on Win32), but Valentina handle the encoding itself
because I can write data in one OS and read it in another OS without
problem.
Thus, I don't handle the encoding myself.

François Van Lerberghe
Rue Thier Monty, 15 A
4570 Marchin
Belgique