clearing record locks

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Apr 8 08:41:15 CDT 2004

On 4/8/04 12:26 AM, "Tim Davis" <timdavis at amug.org> wrote:

Hi Tim,

>   I have not knowingly created any cursors with record locking, but
> apparently something is holding certain records in my system.

I think this can be JOINS, or UPDATE WHERE, DELETE WHERE,
I.e. Commands which create own cursors.

> The only
> way I found to get past them is to kick all the users off the server
> and restart. How do we clear a record lock that doesn't need to be? How
> can we review existing record locks on the server?

No way for now do what you ask.

Can you try reproduce this?
At least understand how this happens?
Or this is very rare case?

Also I wonder, you have many users and you do not use locks?
I think this is not very correct. Can produce logical mistakes as
    "lost modification"

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com