AW: AW: [V4MD]: Mac OSX error -61 in projector

Christian Kirchhoff ckirchho at directmedia.de
Wed Apr 7 16:59:27 CDT 2004

Hello Ruslan,

yes, in that case the file is on CD. But - as I wrote before:
1. The former project that was very similar, only that the database is a
little different, works fine on Mac, even when started from CD-ROM
2. This project still works fine on Windows, even when started from CD-ROM
3. When I burn a test CD-ROM with a lingo.ini file forcing the projector to
open a message window, I can see that the command producing the error is
OpenDatabase(). And if I type in this command manually in the message
window, it works without an error. But if I then perform getBaseObjectCount,
that command returns 0.

The only difference to my former project is, that I compiled the former
project's projectors under Mac OS 10.2, and the new project's projectors
under Mac OS 10.3.

Now I did the following: I was working with Valentina version 1.9.8 for the
Mac. Now I burned a CD-ROM with version 1.10 of the Valentina xtras.
Installing my project on the hard drive and running it from there is again
no problem. But now when I try to run the projector directly from the
CD-ROM, it even crashes. On Mac OS X and Mac OS Classic.

I wanted to look on your website for newer versions, but it doesn't seem
accessible right now. Maybe I just have to update to a newer version.

Regards,

Christian Kirchhoff