344 - Index not sorted

Tim James tjames1 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 7 15:04:07 CDT 2004

  Thanks for your reply

1. In VISQL the error text is "Index not sorted"

2. I understand unique fields and flags but the point being that I am
trying to add

a unique field that is NOT the same as any other value of the field in
the table.

(I can't alter/remove the flag as the DB in question is on a remote
site that I communicate with my own client server application based on
SQLexecute/select's only)

Is it possible to add a null field to unique field and there may be
another

null as well ?

Will removing the fieldisunique flag fix it - and can I then reapply
the flag?
Thanks

Tim