AW: dump and Vserver

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Sep 30 12:59:52 CDT 2003

on 9/30/03 12:34 PM, Florian Bogeschdorfer at fb at memedia.de wrote:

>> Hi Florian,
>>
>> I think Dump still not works in server.
>>
>> REASON - this can be security hole.
>>   for example bad guy can attack server doing many dumps and filling HDD
>>   of server to stop its work.
>>
>> We need study this more deeply and ways of protections and limits.
>
> Why not simply make it switchable for the database like
> VALsetFlagDumpIsPossible(object)=TRUE
> Or make it necessary to enter the DB code as an argument
> Dump(object,path,type,CODE)
>
> My databases run in a intranet, I don't see any danger because someone could
> also just copy the database or just fill up the HD with whatsoever.

Okay, Igor will make Dump to XML and SQL now.

>> I wish the method dump() would return a value.
>
> What exactly?
>
> At least boolean to see whether it worked or not
> Also nice would be something like "file already exists" ...

>From Dump() ?

But then how to rewrite it?
Things will become more complex.

> Ruslan, does localDump() work ? I guess not then. Now the only way to export
> my database is "CSV" right? What about compressing the database? In your
> docs you say compress by making a local dump...

Yes, XML Dump and Load remove any garbage from your db.
Even better of SQL's command "COMPRESS DATABASE"

> I think the XML & SQL dump functions are VERY important, please include them
> as soon as possible.

Igor will make. This is not hard task.
I think tomorrow you will get new build with this.

> Also please tell the list about functions NOT included
> in Vserver

Igor?

As I recall, ImportASCII() not implemented,
And we cannot implement it Vserver based on 1.x.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com