[VAPP/AS] problems with setting fields

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 29 11:59:49 CDT 2003

on 9/29/03 10:06 AM, Kurt Klamp at K.Klamp at t-online.de wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> any news about the AS bug ?
>
> Can i help ?
>
> I need this regular functionality.

Hi Kurt,

I have take VAPP 1.9.7 and try modified script 102 with

            set curs to SQL Select "SELECT RecID, * FROM Customer" Location
kServer LockType kReadWrite

            make new record at end of curs
            set fields of curs to {0, i as string, "some address", photo}
            update curs

Kurt, VAPP 1.9.7 simply crashes !!!
VAPP 1.9.8 do not crashes, but return some error to you.

So I still doubt that this syntax did work in 1.9.7.

I did not change anything here.

And I try to look inside what happens, it is hard to understand.
Problem come from some deep AS methods of PowerPlant.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com