[V4MD] SELECT weirdness

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Sun Sep 28 15:46:51 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

I get 0 records with the following SELECT statement,
which seems perfectly alright to me:

SELECT RecID,* FROM data WHERE RecID = 2 ORDER BY RecID

The table has two records with RecID 1 and 2

BUT the query works when I drop the "ORDER BY" clause:

SELECT RecID,* FROM data WHERE RecID = 2

Of course I assume that Valentina always orders by RecID
unless told to order by a different field, but since I have
a generic function to create SQL statements, it produces
such statements as above and ORDER BY RecID should
not result in no records found in this case.

It does not throw an error, it simply doesn't return any records,
so I think it might be a bug. What do you thing?

Martin.