BLOB Field Data not getting saved properly with Encryption

Srinivas Yalamarti syalamar at fiberlink.com
Fri Sep 26 13:04:58 CDT 2003

Hi,

Using Win 2000/MFC/C++

The vdb schema that I am using is at the end of this post.

I am trying to use a BLOB field to save some data.
I have my database encrypted.

The first time i create a record and save it into the database, I am able
to save data into the
BLOB field of the record.

The next time I try to write into the same field in the same record, the
data is not getting saved.

I tried the different things:

      Delete the record, insert a new record
      I set the FILENAME_FIELD attributes to fNone

But the results are the same.

When I change the BLOB field to a VarChar field  it works fine.
With an un-encrypted database also it works fine though.  It is really
puzzling.

Any idea what could be going wrong?

If needed, I can send the test code I have that I use to reproduce this
problem.

I really appreciate any help with this one.

class CFileSystemTbl :  public VDK_BaseObject
{
      public:
            VDK_VarChar       m_strFileName; // MAX_PATH size, and values
are Unique
            VDK_BLOB          m_strFileContent;

      public:

            CFileSystemTbl(void):VDK_BaseObject("FILE_SYSTEM"),
            m_strFileName(FILENAME_FIELD, MAX_PATH, NULL, fUnique),
            m_strFileContent(FILECONTENT_FIELD, BLOB_BLOCK_SIZE)
            {
            }

            virtual ~CFileSystemTbl(void) {};
};

class CClientDB : public VDK_DataBase
{
      public:
            // Statically define the tables in the database:
            CFileSystemTbl              mFileSystemTbl;

      public:

            CClientDB( void ){};

};

Regards,