Progress handler

Erik Mueller-Harder lists at praxisworks.com
Fri Sep 26 07:36:19 CDT 2003

Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> In Valentina 2.0 we redo how works long time. And I am sure we
> will be able provide to Valentina clients ability ask EACH task
> about its progress. This will not slow down main process as I
> see.

Wonderful!  Will this also work with the 2.x stand-alone versions?  I hate not being able to update the UI when, say, performing a 10-minute re-index (V4RB 1.x, Rb x.x, threaded app).  Putting up a warning message that the app "may look to be frozen -- this is normal" is a pretty kludgy work-around!

Erik