[V4MD] ValentinaEscapeString not working?

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 16:05:32 CDT 2003

I have a query like this in Director:

SELECT * FROM t1 WHERE a LIKE 'menu (main) - top' NO CASE

When testing in ViSQL, this search fails (even though there is an exact
match in there). If I manually escape the string (guessing which chars need
it), the query works as expected, matching 1 record:

SELECT * FROM t1 WHERE a LIKE 'menu \(main\) \- top' NO CASE

I switched to 1.9.8 (this project is in 1.9.7) so I could try the new
escaping function, but it just returns this search string untouched. So why
does my manual escaping work, and why doesn't the built-in function escape
in the same way?

Something Martin asked a while ago was which characters need escaping. It
was never answered as the new function was proposed as the solution. So,
what chars do need it, so I can have it work in 1.9.7?

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture