Multiple users, mixed OS accessing single Valentina DB - newbie alert

Deane Venske dean at eduss.com
Thu Sep 25 10:22:50 CDT 2003

Mike Dodd wrote:

>The other thing I noticed was there seems some mention of a
>SERVER version and I suppose a CLIENT version?   Is there a massive rewrite
>in my future to accomodate multiple users?  Or is this a fairly seamless
>fit, switch PlugIns and I'm off and running...

Hi Mike,

There is a client version of the V4RB plugin in the beta downloads for
RB. There is a RB 5 ready one too :P There is not really much difference
in my opinion to the two methods of valentina. Because I use common
methods to open and close my database all I had to do is change the
connection settings and all my SQL worked first time. May have been a
fluke, but I don't think there is much rewriting if you're using SQL
queries to do the work. The main difference is that when you declare
your DB variable you add host and login info :
STANDALONE :
db = new VDatabase

CLIENT VERSION:
db = new VDatabase("10.0.0.25", "sa", "sa")

Quite easy in all honesty.

Deane