Multiple users, mixed OS accessing single Valentina DB - newbie alert

Mike Dodd doddme at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 24 18:09:33 CDT 2003

I would like to have a single database file shared by multiple users.  I am
currently using V4RB.  I would eventually like them to access the file
through the network have one user on a MAC and the other on a WIN32 box.

Is this something that can be done with Valentina?   I ask this because of 2
things I've noticed.  Whenever I have ViSQL open and am looking at my
database while I am developing, and I try to run my program to debug
something - I cannot open the database.   Then I realize "Oh yeah, I have
ViSQL open" I shut it down ViSQL and  my app, restart my app and everything
is fine again.   The other thing I noticed was there seems some mention of a
SERVER version and I suppose a CLIENT version?   Is there a massive rewrite
in my future to accomodate multiple users?  Or is this a fairly seamless
fit, switch PlugIns and I'm off and running...

Any help would be appreciated.  Long Time C, PL/SQL programmer, Oracle DBA,
Newbie RB and Valentina Programmer.

PS [OFF] I am getting 3 copies of every message on this list.  Usually a day
or so later I get hit with a bunch of repeats.  Can anything be done to
avoid the duplicates on  the list?