Deleting all records

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Sep 24 07:33:01 CDT 2003

on 9/24/03 12:41 AM, Florian Bogeschdorfer at fb at memedia.de wrote:

>> Now please explain what you mean:
>>     read numeric field from 160,000 records?
>>
>> Do you mean that you READ all 160,000 records from server to client?
>
> I build a cursor with all 160000 records of a table. There is a field
> "KD_ID" which has a client ID kTypeULong and I want to read all IDs in a
> list, so it is about 160000 x 4 bytes =about 600K

And you run this on what network?
What its speed?

I think for such kind of task is ideal BulkCursor.

    kClient = 1
    kServer = 2
    kClient = 3

Right now Valentina will read records to client computer in batch reads in
50 records. Little later we will allow to developer control how many records
to read in single step. This way should speed up batch reading dramatically.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com