Table Aliases?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Sep 23 10:42:58 CDT 2003

> > I'm looking through the Valentina docs and can't seem to
> find if table
> > aliases are supported. Shouldn't it be something like:
> >
> >   SELECT T1.Name,T2.Value FROM Table1 T1,Table2 T2 WHERE ...
> >
> You cann access tables directly like
>
> SELECT Table1.Field1, Table2.Field2 FROM Table1,Table2
> WHERE... _______________________________________________

Thanks, Florian, but I'm trying to access the *same* table more than
once for a complex recursive query. This is where SQL table aliases come
in. I made an error in my statement above (which is why I'm sure you
responded the way you did). Here's what I meant to say (I changed it a
bit for clarity):

   SELECT T1.Name,T2.Value FROM MyTable T1,MyTable T2 WHERE ...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/