[V4MD] Stopping character remapping

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 15:48:09 CDT 2003

on 16/9/03 17:32, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

> on 9/16/03 18:03, Marcus Bointon at marcus at synchromedia.co.uk wrote:
>> These are proper fonts, developed specifically for my (extremely large and
>> well-known!) client, not just system ones. It just seems that Director
>> screws them up when going x-plat.
>
> I wonder, why you think that this is Director but not Valentina ?

A belated reply...

Because it does it outside Valentina too. If I generate a list of all chars
32-255, paste it into a text field in Director, then compare it side by side
(VPC is handy!) with a Windows version using the same embedded font, the
characters it displays are mapped quite differently, and there are many
missing on the Windows side. I have now obtained a correct Cyrillic font on
Windows - it doesn't have nearly as many missing characters, but I've
manually mapped one platform's characters to the other, and the mapping is
quite different to Director's usual mapping (it may be that the mapping is
MacCyrillic to Windows-1251, instead of MacRoman to Windows-Latin1). I have
no idea what Director is up to, but it really sucks!

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture